Days to Justice
If I were to describe the following situation to Europeans or persons from a non-Asian country and quiz them whether the place I am describing is a dictatorship or not; in your opinion, what would their reply be?
This is the scenario I would present:
1. People are prevented from participating in peaceful protests to show their anger at the killing of two innocent youth by the army.
2. Political leaders are kept under house arrest for weeks so they are not able to organize these peaceful marches.
3. The towns and cities have barbed-wire checkpoints every half-a-kilometer to prevent the movement of people.
4. Army, police and other armed forces are given special powers to enter any home at anytime of day or night without a search warrant; detain anyone for an indefinite period of time; and are seldom charged or convicted when they commit crimes.
5. The friday prayers are obstructed.
Just by mentioning these few points, the person will definitely answer that I am referring to a dictatorship. The last point will probably give away that it is a muslim country.